At Cer-co.com we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when you visit our site or communicate electronically with us.
When this Policy mentions "Cer-co.com", "we", "us", "our", or "data controller", it refers to Cer-co SRL which is the company that is responsible for your personal data under this Policy.
Information We Collect
In operating our websites we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our websites and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to Traffic data, Location data, Weblogs, Other device or system communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register for an account, register for information, make a purchase, provide your contact information to construction equipment rental companies through the website features, fill out a survey or sign up for an event.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services.
- To provide information on other products which we in our legitimate interest feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information. You can withdraw that consent at any time.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- To preserve our legitimate interest to protect the security of our systems, network and users.
- Comply with law, in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process or cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties, including laws outside of your country of residence;
- Protect our rights, reputation, safety and property, or that of our users or others;
- Protect against legal liability;
- Establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; or
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, violation of our account terms and conditions, our policies or agreements or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
- We may retain some of the data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention, for example to prevent a user from re-opening an account after being suspended.
- We may retain and use the data to the extent necessary to comply with our tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Some residual copies of the data will remain in our backup systems for a limited period of time.
- (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal data;
- (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal data;
- (iii) we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- (iv) you have objected to the processing based on the grounds described in the next paragraph below and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Cer-co.com override your own.
We may on occasion gather information regarding your computer whilst you are on our website. This enables us to pursue our legitimate interests of improving our services and providing statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers where appropriate.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by changing your browser settings. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Do Not Track - At this time, we do not respond to "Do Not Track" signals sent from web browsers.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily required to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
Further, we may use your data, or allow selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services that we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented at the time your information was collected.
If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
Third Parties. As noted above, we may use third parties to perform functions in connection with our services (for example, Google Analytics for website usage data analysis and MailChimp for email marketing automation services). We may transfer limited non-sensitive information about you into their platforms so that we can utilize their services. If we partner with another party to provide specific services (for example, transportation services or financing services), and you register or contract for these services, we will share the contact information or other information necessary for the third party to provide the requested services. We may also disclose personal information to legal, financial, and other professional advisors and to our lenders or insurers in connection with the operation of our business where such parties have agreed to confidentiality restrictions.
De-Identified Information. We may share aggregated demographic information or other de-identified information with our trusted third-party partners.
Business Changes. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection with such business change.
Investigations and Law: To the extent required or permitted by applicable law, we will disclose information about you to third parties to:
Third Party Links
You may find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies that you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
You may request to exercise any of the rights described in this part by contacting our Data Protection Officer as noted below under "Contacting Us". Note, we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
Access to Information.
In some jurisdictions (i.e. the European Economic Union or California), applicable law may entitle you to information about who, where, why, how and for long we will hold and process data about you. Access to this information may be subject to payment to cover our costs in providing you with the information requested. California residents, in particular, are entitled to ask us once per calendar year, free of charge, for a notice describing what categories of personal data we share with third parties or with corporate affiliates for those entities’ direct marketing purposes. Should you wish to receive details about personal data that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Data.
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal data concerning you. Please contact us using the details below.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of personal data you provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
Data Retention and Erasure.
We generally retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your personal data to provide our services to you, you can request that we erase your personal data and close your user account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal data:
Withdrawing Consent and Restricting Processing.
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal data by Cer-co.com you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending a communication to us at the location below specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to restrict the ways in which we use your personal data, in particular where
Objecting to Processing.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to require Cer-co.com not to process your personal data for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on our legitimate interest. If you object to such processing Cer-co.com will no longer process your personal data for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time ask us to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to opt-out at the email address below.
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Cer-co.com before competent data protection authorities. We hope though that if you reach out to us first, we can resolve your complaint amicably. If not, our lead supervisory authority, is the Dutch Data Protection Authority.